Cathryn A. Schmidt
3605 Wayside Drive Columbia, MO
65589 (888) 952-9632
Registered Nurse with 20 years experience seeking fulltime day nursing position
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 20 years experience in working with newborn intensive care infants.
• Hard working, use to working 12 and 24 hour shifts when necessary.
• Maintain calm under pressure and when in life threatening situations can refer back to nursing education to save lives.
• Personable, friendly and at the same time maintain professionalism with patients, and caregivers.
• Five years experience in caring for pediatric patient in home setting from birth to age 5. Home healthcare has become a part of life, as home schooling and becoming a member of their family.
Mercy Hospital, Spring Field, MO 1/08- Present
Fisher Home Healthcare, La Grange, IA 2000-2008
Home health nurse and personal nanny
• Provided daily home healthcare needs to pediatric patient with hereditary gastritis and other gastric issues that are considered chronic.
• Safely and through full protocol administer different IV, and feeding tube medications as well as feeding tube cleaning, and administering fluids and vitamens
• Help build and maintain healthy diet for gastro sis patients, and help with building menus, and grocery shopping and implementing new style of cooking and recipes from age birth to age 5
University Of Missouri 1981-1995
• Performed life to life resuscitation to over 50 patients, all of whom were in either pediatrics or the Newborn Intensive care unit.
• Charted for most of the patients on the Newborn intensive care unit nightly for 15 years and was responsible for 4-5 babies at any one given time, while orientating other RN’s as well.
• Was responsible for the basic nursing skill protocol and responsibilities which included, but not limited to vital signs, EKG readings, catheters, feeding tubes, IV and often times central lines.
• Delegated responsibilities nightly throughout the pediatric nursing floor, was charge nurse for roughly 10-12 nurses on a nightly rotation, and generally was responsible for 3-4 patient load as well.
• Monitored the newborns in the NICU as well as helped the new parents adjust to having their new infant in the NICU, and teaching them homecare for when their new child is ready to leave the Newborn intensive care unit and go home with them for the first time.
University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
RN, nursing, 1979
University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
BA in Biology, 1975
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
(Iowa) Registered Nurse License #598755001-69, 4588
(Missouri) Licensed Practical Nursing License #8844444-94, 5525
(This is only a SAMPLE RESUME WE MADE UP.)